This layer allows you to add labels to your current visualization. A label will be drawn for each line of observation of the dataset according to associated coordinates X and Y.
Configure labels in ZENPLOT®
In order to create labels in ZENPLOT®, you need to fill in:
- The dataset you want to use
- The variable corresponding to the coordinates of the x-coordinates of the labels (X)
- The variable corresponding to the coordinates of the ordinates of the labels (Y)
- The label positioning method:
- Centered: the center of the labels is placed at the coordinates
- Adjusted: the center of the labels is placed in an adjusted manner with respect to its coordinate
The coordinates on the x-axis can be qualitative or quantitative, the coordinates on the y-axis are inevitably quantitative.
Customize labels in ZENPLOT®
You can easily customize:
- The border of the labels (thickness, type, line color)
- Labels Color
- The font size of the labels
- The text color of the labels
- The font of the text of the labels
In ZENPLOT®, you can choose two ways to customize the characteristic of an element:
By imposing a style uniformly on all the elements
In this case, all labels on the layer will have the same style applied for that characteristic (same color, same size, or same shape, etc.)
By binding the characteristic to a variable in the dataset
In this case, all the labels on the layer will have a different style for that characteristic depending on the value they take for the bound variable.
When binding to a qualitative variable, you must choose a style for each category of the variable.
When binding to a quantitative variable, you must define a minimum, median, and maximum value. A gradient is thus produced.
Ideas for visualizations with labels
Here are some ideas of visualizations in which you will use the Labels layer:
- Principal Component Analysis (PCA)