This tutorial shows how to configure and customize the Legend of your visualizations into ZENPLOT®.
Do you want to try ZENPLOT® out? You can Download the trial version at any time!
In this tutorial, we use the iris dataset.
The observations correspond to 150 Iris flowers, described by 5 variables:
- Sepal Length, quantitative variable
- Sepal Width, quantitative variable
- Petal Length, quantitative variable * Petal Width, quantitative variable
- Species, qualitative variable: Setosa, Versicolor ou Virginica
Fisher M. (1936). The Use of Multiple Measurements in Taxonomic Problems. Annals of Eugenics, 7, pp 179 -188.
2. Configure Legend of a visualization into ZENPLOT®
The legend options button is available in the navigation bar.
The legend is defined for the visualization and all the layers that compose it.
To illustrate this tutorial, a layer has been created from the iris dataset:
- A Scatter Plot layer representing the charcteristics of the sepals(X: Sepal Length, Y: Sepal Width)
2.1 General Tab
4 options ara available:
- Display the legend
- Positionning: Top, Left, Right, Bottom
- Direction: Verical or Horizontal
- Elements to display into the legend: As soon as a characteristic of a layer of the visualization is linked to a variable (color, size, shape, etc.), it appears here. It is then possible to display it or not in the legend of the visualization.
Here, many characteristics of the points have been linked to variables. We can then see all of these characteristics in the legend.
2.2 Box Tab
4 options are available. They concern the customization of the legend box:
- Border color
- Fill color
2.3 Text tab
3 options are available. They concern the customization of the text of the legend:
- Font family